10.06.2011

Wanna stump your friends?

I have moved to an area where many of the local ladies participate and thrive in their own direct sales businesses. Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, A Taste of Home, even Tupperware! If you are looking for a little sales job on the side, chances are one of your friends can hook you up.

Being the kind of person that likes to support her friends in their ventures, I went to a Mary Kay party last night. The purpose of these things multi-faceted...to introduce you to 'well, the best line of skincare on the planet', to sell you products, and to see if this would be the opportunity you need to give you the kind of lifestyle you want...making six figures by working part-time. So, I have to ask myself, maybe I am not a good friend. I don't want to wear make-up all the time, I don't want to ask my friends to buy things from me, I don't want to spend my evenings peddaling my wares or going to conferences in the hopes of earning a car or a vacation. So what am I doing at this thing?

Apparently the director notices my apprehension as I am not jumping out of my seat to show her what is in my purse for a drawing ticket...do I have any questions about the company or the product? Very quietly, so as not to disturb anyone who might be ready to jump on board, I ask about...palm oil.

Yup, I did. I initially got a cold shoulder from all three purple clad ladies. "Why does that concern you?" one asked..."Oh, you know, the whole deforestation thing."

I think maybe I won't be asked back.

No comments:

Post a Comment